30 July 2008

letterbox joy

of all of life's simple pleasures, getting snail mail is one that (unless it's junk) never fails to make me smile. saturday saw the delivery of the book fifty designers current favourite typefaces (& just so you know, comic sans is mentioned twice! gah!) & lovely film tilsammans, that i was reminded of by lizzy stewart a few weeks ago. i thought alan & i had watched it together, but he assured me that we hadn't, so i bought it so that he could see it. yesterday an envelope arrived from my friend gavin, containing a print of a photo of the "new zealand consulate, aka a run down office block on the lower east side" - aka, where murray's office is in tv series flight of the conchords. so that was a brilliant little gift! & pictured above is todays letterbox offering, a little batch of lovely goodies from crafty designer asking for trouble, aka marceline smith.

good week for snail mail!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, glad they turned up safely. I wasn't entirely sure the packaging would hold up.

Jen Collins said...

haha, it was quite creative, i wasn't sure how to open it at first!

John Alan Birch said...

I enjoyed the film, I'm 100% sure we never watched it together before - but I'm glad you got to show me it!

Jen Collins said...

no, you'll be right. i just watch most films with you, so i perhaps expect you have seen anything that i have in the past few years!