4 September 2008
another day, another gocco attempt! i decided to have another shot at my house print, so after going to get a photocopy of the image instead of using the original, i settled down for the second attempt. i applied a liberal amount of ink once i'd made the master, but disaster struck when i peeled the photocopy off, as some of it was stuck to the image! cue using a pair of tweezers to peel off as much as i could in order to save a second screen. the speech-bubble part of the print was patchy, but rather than giving up again i took a tip from the flickr gocco group, & filled in the patches with a brush while the ink was still wet. a tedious three & a half hours later, i have forty-two prints, a little less than i'd hoped for, but i had to give up before my back did. i'm happy that i got a print out of this drawing, even if it wasn't perfect. i don't think i'll be able to use all forty-two, but i'm going to get some organised to sell once i recover from hunching over my desk for too long. more photos on flickr!
in other non-gocco news, i did a site redesign! there aren't any bugs as far as i'm aware (apart from the frames showing in firefox), & it's not completely finished, but i'm happy to have a simpler layout, & a chance to cut down the amount of work i have on show. have a peek!
wilco - you are my face